The Hays-Heighe House
Scope of Work
Harford Community College’s Hays-Heighe House was built in 1808 by Archer Hays as a two-story stone farmhouse for his wife and eight children.
From 1828 to 1953, the property became known as Prospect Hill Farm and then in 1921, the House and farm passed from the Hays family to Mr. and Mrs. Robert Heighe.
In 1964, Prospect Hill Farm became the campus of Harford Junior College and the Hays-Heighe House became the new Administration building.
Then in 1972, the Hays-Heighe House was named to National Register of Historic Places.
StudioJAED was responsible for A/E services for the replacement of electrical, plumbing, mechanical and fire alarm systems, as well as sprinkler system installation. These systems were restored to a specific period of significance and rehabilitated for adaptive reuse as deemed appropriate and defined by historical documentation on public record.
The college uses a portion of the main building as a museum and living history classroom space.
4,600 sq. ft.
Bel Air, Maryland
Harford Community College
- A&E Services Replacement of MEP, Fire Alarm and Sprinkler Systems